Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Investing for Dummies by Eric Tyson, MBA



This book spans a lot of different topics in the investing world, such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds, business, real estate, CD's, and money markets. Yeah, I know, so its kind of boring stuff. I actually listened to the audio book version of this book and that actually helps a lot when listing to stuff like this. I like the subject of finance but I'm suggesting this book for people who might not be as interested as I am.

The reason is that almost everybody does some kind of investing. Unless you have all your money in the toilet or under your bed you are investing in some way. This means you should be aware of this sometimes intimidating universe of investing.

The book's content is pretty easy to understand and helpful to the not so seasoned investor. If you have some money you would like to see grow, then before you invest you should read this book. It will give you a better idea of what your options are and address the risk involved in each investment category. Most of the advice the author gives I agree with, but there are some things I don't. When he talks about investing for your child's eduction, the author suggests that you consider how your investment will affect financial aid for your child. In my opinion this is a losing mentality when you believe that you will not be able to save fully for your child's eduction. I know not everybody will be able to do this, but don't let financial aid stop you from achieving your goals. Like any book on a subject like this, do your research carefully and don't just take any one book's advice. This is a good book to start out with when researching investing. I liked the learn-a-little-about-a-lot approach of this book.

0 comments:

My Blog List

About This Blog

Followers

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP